Job Title: Shipping Associate
The Shipping Associate is responsible for proper packaging and shipping of internet sales and wholesale order fulfillment. The individual will enter data into the ALC AIMS system and ALC’s shipping software and will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and regulations. The overall goal is to increase revenue, department efficiency and customer satisfaction.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Execute total fulfillment process for e-commerce sales/wholesale orders daily.
- Work with the sales team to verify, locate and stage product that has been sold and prepare and make it ready for shipping.
- Responsible for weighing and receiving product generated internally prior to shipping.
- Responsible for accurately entering receiving data into ALC’s AIMS system and shipping software.
- Verify equipment being loaded/ packaged as scheduled and assist staging and loading product into packages, pallets or containers as needed.
- Take pictures of product(s).
- Manage space restrictions and move product appropriately.
- Ensure outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Interface and coordinate with sales and other departments to meet company goals.
- Understand, implement, and maintain safe work practices.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience in customer service, sales and shipping required.
- Previous holding, staging, shipping and packaging materials experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Hands on with Microsoft Outlook and Internet browsers.
- Strong verbal skills (punctuation, spelling and grammar) and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks and obtain forklift certification.
- Prior experience with FedEx/USPS Shipping Distribution a plus.
- Dependable, self-motivated and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Proactive and ability to provide suggestions for improvements in the area.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, communicate with others and work in a team environment.
- Receptive to learning new things and to change.
- Exhibits a good work ethic and leads by example.
- Ability to type 30 to 40 WPM.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where priorities change frequently.
The physical demands described below are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Capable of talking/hearing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift thirty (30) pounds frequently, up to fifty (50) pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to physically able to pack, lift and move product as needed.
- Capable of climbing stairs and standing up to 8 hours per day.
- Some bending, crouching, reaching and stooping required.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period of time.
ALC’s business hours are Monday through Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm CST. This position may be required to work some overtime.
Work time will be divided between production areas and the office. The majority of the work will be performed in a warehouse environment (which may be excessively warm in summer and cool in winter) some time may be spent in an office setting as needed. The noise level is low to moderate. The dress code is casual which includes t-shirts and jeans.