Job Title: CDL Truck Driver - Class A
Reports to: Route Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-Exempt - Full Time
Responsible for transporting materials to and from specified destinations in a safe, timely, and courteous manner. The candidate will also perform some warehouse-based duties as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Maintain working/driving logs.
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination and other commercial vehicles including walking floor, ejection trailer, low-boy, yard dog, box truck and refuse truck as required in urban and suburban environments and in all types of weather conditions between facilities and various customers.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack or hands to load and unload freight in varying weather conditions between company and customer facilities.
- Drop and hook trailer(s) and change the configuration of equipment as necessary. Connect air hoses and electrical lines, install and remove tire chains, and manually crank dolly wheels.
- Position blocks, load-bars, chains or binders to secure load during transit.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with a current medical card.
- Minimum of 2 years tractor-trailer driving experience with good driving record.
- Ability to operate forklift, dolly, hand truck, pallet truck, carts, and other equipment necessary for unloading freight.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
The physical demands described below are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on a regular basis.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing frequently.
Home daily. Business hours are Monday through Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm CST. This position may be required to work some overtime.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Asset LifeCycle LLC will conduct pre-employment background investigations and drug testing as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer